In November, peer-to-peer exchange Redeeem announced a change to its dispute process to decentralize voting using a network of KYC-verified judges and the Telegram app. Judges can earn bitcoin for watching Loom screen recordings — the primary evidence in dispute cases — and voting in consensus with other judges based on a set of predefined rules. To qualify to be a judge, you do not need to have any trading history on Redeeem, and you do not need have bitcoin. Simply verify your phone and email, confirm your identity, authorize RedeeemBot, and pass a short training session. Over 98% of all sold cards on Redeeem are redeemed without issues, and the remaining 2% will be handled by our judges. So what's with the Loom videos? In an industry like gift cards where dispute moderators can easily be tricked by a Photoshopped screenshot of an error messages, risk of fraud is high. Thankfully, by using cryptocurrencies, Redeeem has already eliminated credit card chargebacks entirely. And to combat refund scams, Redeeem requires all gift card buyers to perform screen recordings with the Loom app in order to qualify for a refund. New buyers and sellers have trading limits to encourage slow ramp-up on the platform, and KYC is required above certain trading limits that vary by country. Timestamps of every gift card code request is recorded in a database and shown publicly. Buyers can download the Loom app for Mac or PC, iOS, or chrome browser extension. Any recorded Loom video that appears edited, paused, tampered with, excessively delayed, illegible, or is uploaded to YouTube or any domain other than loom.com, will be rejected per their terms of service. Loom is not compatible with Android yet, but the team says they are working on it! Peer-to-peer exchange Paxful talks about some of the challenges in gift card fraud, "Here at Paxful, we have fought hard to keep gift cards as a option to enable the unbanked, we know this is how many unbanked users in Africa obtain their bitcoin." Disputes on Paxful can take up to three weeks or longer to resolve in some cases. Loom was founded in 2016 as a video messaging tool that allows people to record their desktop screen, camera, and microphone safely and simultaneously. On May 28, Loom announced a $28 million Series B funding round led by Coatue and Sequoia Capital, bringing total funding to $70 million.