On 16 April 2020, Purse.io advised its users to withdraw their funds because it would cease operations on June 26, 2020.
“[We have] made the very difficult decision to dissolve the company,” Purse wrote in a statement. Although the company has since reconsidered this position as it seeks new ownership, you can start shopping for other platforms.
In this guide, you will discover five alternatives to Purse.io.
Redeeem - Trade discount Amazon gift cards for bitcoin
Redeeem is a peer-to-peer exchange where you can trade crypto for gift cards and other digital commodities. Established in 2018, the company has made a positive impact on the crypto market by increasing cryptocurrency adoption and improving financial inclusion.
As a user of this platform, you will enjoy the following:
· Trading with other honest Redeeem users
· A highly responsive customer support service
· The ability to buy a wide range of gift cards such as Amazon, Macy’s, Walmart, and Starbucks
· A simple KYC process using a Civic
· The opportunity to use multi-cryptocurrencies to trade gift cards
· A free bitcoin wallet
· Video recording with Loom to mitigate buyer fraud
· A transparent method of resolving disputes
· The chance to save 20 percent or more on discount gift cards
To get started on Redeeem, simply create an account and purchase credits by converting any of the over 20 cryptocurrencies.
Redeeem is headquartered in Los Angeles.
Unofficial Purse.io Telegram Group
A bunch of the Purse traders got together and created a Telegram private group to explore how they can continue trading.
This is a bit like the wild wild west so be careful, as always 98% of the people are honest and legit, its the 2% you've got to watch out for.
Bitrefill is a Stockholm-based company that offers users a place to buy gift cards and to top up mobile phones with Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. The company aims to make it easy for people to live on crypto.
On Bitrefill you can:
· Shop and pay with the latest Lightning Network technology
· Buy digital gift cards from companies like Steam, Roblox, hotels.com, Skype, and Onetify
· Top up prepaid mobile phones for numbers in 160 countries with BTC or other supported cryptocurrencies
Bitrefill, which was founded in 2014, allows users to shop without creating an account.
CoinCola is a crypto marketplace that offers gift card trading as one of its services. The Hong Kong-based company allows users to buy gift cards with Bitcoin.
As a CoinCola user, you can do the following:
· Undertake OTC trades
· Buy gift cards like Sephora, American Express, iTunes, and Steam with BTC from traders
· Perform crypto to crypto trades
You will need to create an account to use CoinCola’s services. The company claims to offer competitive fees and a KYC process that observes the safety and security of users.
Note: Pamcoins may no longer be in business
Pamcoins is a Nigerian gift card exchange platform that launched in 2017. On this platform, you can sell gift cards and receive payment in Naira, Bitcoin, and Ethereum. Interestingly, the platform carries out its trade via WhatsApp. Therefore, to initiate a trade, you will have to contact the company through the phone number on the website.
The benefits of using Pamcoins include:
· The option to trade on Paxful
· The ability to carry out transactions in person
· You will get the best market rates
· You can view proof of payment from other trades
· You only need a WhatsApp account to initiate a trade with Pamcoins.
For more content from Redeeem, read how to fund your account with CoinPayments.