In the crypto world, many people have made their mark in various ways. From launching impactful crypto projects to raising millions of dollars, influential people in crypto are doing exceptional things.
So, if you are wondering, we do not watch the Kardashians anymore. We are keeping up with these ten crypto influencers whom you should be following on Twitter. They are young and impelling, with bright futures ahead.
Kyle Samani was on the 2019 Top 30 under 30 Forbes Financial list. Samani is the Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Multicoin Capital, a thesis-driven crypto fund that invests in tokens, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain companies. Also, the company issues occasional blog articles with in-depth insights about crypto. For instance, the article ‘Crypto Mega Theses’ is a must-read.
Why should you follow Samani?
· To gain a deeper understanding of crypto
· If you are aspiring to start a crypto company and are looking for encouragement
· If your blockchain startup is looking for funding
· To stay up-to-date with the happenings in the crypto scene
· To learn which events he is speaking at. For example, Samani will be speaking at the Binance “Off the Charts” virtual conference on July 14, 2020.
Quote: “Stablecoins are going to be one of the fastest-growing finance trends over the next decade.”
Ash Rust is the Managing Partner of Sterling Road, a pre-seed venture fund targeting B2B companies in North America. Rust works with founders for 90 days before making investments. You can find his views on startup investment on his blog. For example, ‘How to Manage Your Startup’s Advisors’ is a great read.
Why should you follow Rust?
· To gain knowledge on startup investment as a startup founder
· If your B2B company needs funding
· When you want advice on how to make effective pitches
· To get tips on how to solve the problems that startups face
Quote: “[It is] almost always better for startups to do lots of small launches versus one large launch even though this approach will usually take more time.”
Roham Gharegozlou was on the ledger top 40 under 40 in 2018. Gharegozlou is the CEO of Dapper Labs and he helped start CryptoKitties, Flow Blockchain, NBA Top Shot, and Axiom Zen. CryptoKitties is a product of Dapper Labs. Gharegozlou publishes articles from time to time on Medium. Here, you can find the latest news on the companies he has helped establish.
You should follow Gharegozlou if:
· You are keen to follow the latest updates from Dapper Labs, CryptoKitties, Flow Blockchain, Axiom Zen, and NBA Top Shot
· Investment News is an interest of yours
· You want to read interesting crypto updates
Quote: “We will also do more to elevate and amplify diversity in the blockchain community. At least 20 percent of ecosystem development funds for the Flow network will be used to increase accessibility and opportunity for the least advantaged.”
Hany Rashwan was on the 2017 enterprise technology Forbes 30 under 30 list. He is the CEO of Amun Tokens and 21 shares. Also, he founded payouts API Payout and social commerce payments company Ribbon.
You should follow Rashwan because:
· You are interested in crypto investment
· Keeping up with Amun Tokens and 21 shares is important to you
· You have a crypto startup and are seeking motivation
Quote: “The 2020s will be a growth period for all hedges, like Gold and Bitcoin.”
Max Webster is an investor at Version One VC and the Co-Founder of Entiende Bitcoin, a firm that boosts Bitcoin and stablecoins access in Latin America. You can learn about Bitcoin adoption in Latin America in this Bitcoin Magazine interview with Webster.
Why follow Webster?
· To get tidbits on investment
· If you are thinking of approaching Version One Ventures for funding
· To get regular crypto updates
Quote: “I don’t think Bitcoin is itself a panacea. Nor is a world without government. Bitcoin is just a tool but a very powerful one.”
Arianna Simpson is an investment partner at Andreessen Horowitz (a16z). She is also the Managing Director of Autonomous Partners (ASP), an investment fund focused on digital assets, crypto, and blockchain-based companies.
Reasons to follow Simpson
· If you are wondering what to read next, you can get ideas from Simpson. She is an avid reader that often recommends the books she has read
· For investment updates from a16z and ASP
· If you are the owner of a blockchain startup
· If you like to laugh. Simpson frequently reveals her comedian side on Twitter
· To get inspiration from a fellow woman in crypto
Quote: “I always enjoy when authors put their email address in the inside flap of the cover. Makes it so easy to drop them a note telling them how much you enjoyed their book.”
Follow Thomas if you are into:
· Sports betting
· Blockchain projects
· Crypto investment updates
Quote: “Many of the pain points for sports betting operators are now a thing of the past thanks to the blockchain and cryptocurrencies.”
Why follow Wu?
· To view her opinion on crypto and non-crypto matters
· If you want motivation from a woman in crypto
· To get crypto investment updates
Quote: “I bought Bitcoin before I bought my first stock and remember being so confused why I wasn’t able to buy stocks in fractional shares (the way you can with Bitcoin).”
Ash Egan is a partner at Accomplice VC and was formerly a Principal at Consensys. Egan was on the Forbes 30 under 30 venture capital 2020 list. Also, he hosts monthly crypto chats dubbed Crypto Dinners in San Francisco or New York and publishes articles on his website.
At Accomplice, Egan invests in smart contract protocols, gaming, open finance, payments, next-gen compute and storage, and marketplaces.
Reasons to follow Egan
· To get interesting investment and non-investment crypto updates
· If you want inspiration from a young person in crypto
· To read his informative Crypto Friday posts on Twitter
· DeFi is one of his favorite things. So, if you love DeFi as well, he is the guy to watch
Quote: In 2020 “DeFi will continue to surge, and expect total value locked to 5x hitting $3B.”
Haseeb Qureshi is the Managing Partner of investment fund Dragonfly Capital and was formerly the General Partner of MetaStable. Qureshi is a contributing author on Nakamoto and Coindesk. Additionally, he writes on his website and donates 33 percent of his income via Founders Pledge.
Why follow Qureshi?
· To read his insightful articles
· If you want to increase your knowledge of crypto. For example, Qureshi has a course on the basics of programming cryptocurrencies
· If you are a poker player. Qureshi is a former poker player and has written a book on this topic. His journey as a poker player is fascinating
· For regular updates from Dragonfly Capital
· To learn of the webinars or conferences he is participating in
Quote: “To Satoshi, decentralization was valuable insofar as it mitigated some other fundamental risk: censorship, platform security, corruption, etc. It’s the properties decentralization gives us that we care about, not decentralization itself.”
Crypto influencers are not only an inspiration but are also proof that there is a spot for anyone that wants to carve out a niche in this space. It takes passion, dedication, and an understanding of the kind of impact you want to make on the industry.